US Releases by Momoiro Clover Z!
  • May 2015
    925 Reputation
    My copy came in today and my stubborn personality made me go through the first cd thinking they might have forgotten to put it on the list.... Kaitou still wasn't there... O-O

• May 2015
    481 Reputation
    It wasn't ever in the US iTunes version of the album, why is anyone surprised it's not in the US physical version?

Kaitou was the only single produced under a different major record label, and even though Stardust still seems to hold copyright and distribution rights enough to host the MV on their channel and re-record it for the album in Japan, they either don't have permission to distribute any recordings of it internationally or they aren't sure and don't want to risk it.

• May 2015
    925 Reputation
    I've known that Kaitou wasn't going to be available since day 1. I'm just stubborn sometimes and didn't want to believe it until the physical copy reached someone's hands

• May 2015
    481 Reputation
    That wasn't directed at you in particular, since it's natural to want definitive proof, but just toward the general sentiment of the thread. What's interesting to me is seeing people disappointed in this discovery even though most everyone already has their own copy of the album with Kaitou and/or the original single.

• May 2015
    186 Reputation
    I've never liked Kaitou that much. I understand the historical value of the song but I don't miss it at all.

• May 2015
    59 Reputation
    I know I'm a little late on this thread, but I was very happy to know that those albums got released in the US, because it costs so freaking much to order them from Japan.
    But now when I hear that Ikuze.. it just sounds stupid? There is no reason for not having it there.
    And I don't think it's a licensing issue because if they could be able to license the album, name and the songs.. why not a song that should be on the album?

I haven't read the whole thread but does anyone know if the 5th Dimension US version is okay? With all the songs?

• May 2015
    376 Reputation
    BAR was released under King Records, while Ikuze was released under Universal J. licensing Ikuze means the company should make an additional agreement with Universal J, beside the agreement between Cleopatra and King Records.
    in the JP version, you'd read that Ikuze was borrowed from Universal J. even Hashire in Iriguchi no Nai Deguchi was borrowed from them.

maybe that's the reason why you didn't get Ikuze on BAR US release. :-?

• May 2015
    925 Reputation
    That's true. I think that has been discussed both on here and in the FB group. It's a bit weird how Universal J didn't give the rights to King Records considering it was released only on a temporary contract. But then again, Ikuze is widely popular and has been used in a lot of concerts which leads to a lot of money-making, especially since it was their first single to reach #1 in Oricon for Daily Rankings.

But it really sucks how this restricts the exposure internationally. I understand some people don't like the song but perhaps it could be a track that new fans would like. There is such thing as a skip button if you're getting tired of it or just don't buy it if you're buying a digital copy.

• May 2015
    59 Reputation
    You two make some great points.
    But for me it just feels stupid of Universal J to just ignore it and say no. They could probably come to some sort of deal where they could get payed for the song if it was featured on the US release.
    Yeah they make money on the song now.. but why say no to even more money?